TN for Nurses and Teaching/Research Doctors

The TN-1 visa category is available to Canadian and Mexican citizens for certain occupations.

A Canadian citizen may submit the appropriate paperwork to a U.S. Immigration Officer at a Class A port-of-entry, a U.S. airport handling international traffic or a U.S. pre-flight inspection station. A Mexican citizen seeking TN status must submit the appropriate paperwork to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Mexico and obtain a TN visa stamp before entering the United States in TN status.

The TN category allows for an initial entry of up to three (3) years, with three (3) year extensions available.

For a detailed description, please go to: US Visas: TN-1 Nonimmigrant Visa or contact one of our attorneys to learn more about TN-1 for Nurses and Teaching/Research Doctors.