Can I apply for my visa in a country other than my home country?

We typically recommend that our clients apply for their non-immigrant visas at the appropriate U.S. consulate in their home country. If, however, you choose to apply for your visa in another country, please be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate visa to enter that country. You should also be aware that the U.S. consulate, in its discretion, may delay processing or decline to adjudicate such a "Third Country National" application. If the consulate declines to adjudicate your application, you would need to apply for and obtain your visa at the U.S. consulate in your home country prior to being admitted to the U.S.

Return to prior page.