Does my spouse need to have a job offer before getting an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)?

No, an EAD is meant to serve as proof that an individual is legally allowed to work in the United States. He/she will not be allowed to begin or continue employment in the United States without a valid EAD.

Return to prior page.