How do I renew my visa? Can I do it in the U.S.?

Visas may only be renewed at U.S. consulates outside of the United States. This means you will have to repeat the same application process you originally completed to obtain your initial visa. This will involve electronically filing the Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application. In some cases, a visa applicant may be excused from the interview requirement when renewing his/her visa. However, most applicants will still be required to attend an interview at the U.S. embassy/consulate in their home country.

Return to prior page.