My I-94 expiration date was issued only to the expiration of my passport date, not my petition expiration date. I have since obtained a renewed passport. How do I get my I-94 extended to match my petition expiration date?

If you are traveling abroad, you will be able to correct the date on your I-94 card the next time you enter the United States. If, however, you are not traveling abroad anytime before the expiration of your I-94, you should go to the airport and have a CBP officer correct your I-94 card there. If you received your I-94 after April 26, 2013, you will not have a paper copy of your I-94 card. You should print your I-94 from the CBP website and take it with you when you attempt to amend the date listed.

Return to prior page.