When do I have to pay the employee the prevailing wage?

The employee must receive the higher of the prevailing wage or actual wage when the foreign national employee is a Permanent Resident. Although the employer is not required to pay that wage until the foreign national is a Permanent Resident pursuant to the "green card" process, there may be times the employer must pay the wage earlier such as in the case of an H-1B extension for the same position that is offered to the foreign national in the "green card" process.

Return to prior page.