Why do you need a copy of my I-94?

An I-94 card is the DHS Arrival/Departure Record issued to nonimmigrants at the time of admission into the United States. A paper I-94 record will typically be attached to your passport upon entry into the United States, unless you arrive by air or sea, in which case you may download an electronic copy of the form. The I-94 specifies in what status you were admitted to the United States and the length of time you may remain in the country. You are required to leave the United States on or before the expiration date indicated on the I-94, unless your stay is otherwise lawfully extended. We ask for a copy of your I-94 so that we may keep track of your status and notify you if any action is needed to extend your status or if the end of your authorized stay is arriving.

Return to prior page.