U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Attorneys

Under U.S. immigration law, two main visa categories exist: nonimmigrant and immigrant. Garfinkel Immigration Law Firm assists clients with both categories, providing highly skilled counsel and representation in North Carolina, the U.S. and internationally.

Nonimmigrant visas are generally temporary with finite periods of validity. Some nonimmigrant visas require the bearer to intend to return to his/her home country at the conclusion of his/her stay in the U.S. Most employment-based nonimmigrant visas are employer-specific. Some are also job- and location-specific.

Each temporary or nonimmigrant visa has specific requirements that must be met in order for an individual to qualify for the visa. For example, a work visa such as the H-1B visa requires employer sponsorship. A student visa permits an individual to attend a U.S. college or university. A tourist visa allows an individual to visit the U.S., but not study or work.

On the other hand, an immigrant visa allows the bearer to enter the U.S. and live and work here permanently. As evidence of permanent residence, the USCIS issues permanent resident cards ("green cards").

Types Of Available Visas

As one of the largest immigration law firms in the Southeastern U.S., Garfinkel Immigration Law Firm is experienced in the nuances of:

Contact The Attorneys At Garfinkel Immigration Law Firm

To arrange a consultation about U.S. nonimmigrant visas or any other immigration law matter, call our Charlotte lawyers at 704-442-8000, or contact us by email.