Your Passport To Immigration
We are one of the largest immigration practices in the Southeastern U.S., representing both individuals and businesses.

Acceptable Documents

Acceptable List A Documents

  • U.S. Passport or Passport Card
  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
  • Employment Authorization Document w/photograph (Form I-766)
  • Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under Compact of Free Association Between U.S. & FSM or RMI
  • Foreign passport w/temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV)

In cases where an employee is authorized to work for a specific employer incident to his/her immigration status, s/he may present a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the employee’s nonimmigrant status as long as the endorsement period has not expired and the proposed employment does not conflict with any restrictions on the form.

Acceptable List B Documents

  • Driver’s license or ID card issued by state or outlying possession of U.S. if it contains photograph or info like name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
  • ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, if it contains photograph or information like name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
  • School ID card with photograph
  • Voter’s registration card
  • U.S. Military card or draft record
  • Military dependent’s ID card
  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  • Native American Tribal Document
  • Driver’s license issued by Canadian government authority

If under 18,

  • School record or report card
  • Clinic, doctor or hospital record
  • Day-car or nursery school record

Acceptable List C Documents

  • U.S. social security card issued by Social Security Administration (other than card stating it is not valid for employment)
  • Certification of Birth Abroad issued by Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
  • Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of United States bearing official seal
  • Native American tribal document
  • U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
  • ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
  • Unexpired employment authorization document issued by U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (other than those listed under List A)

Request Our Newsletter

News and Blog
Awards Abil
Awards 2018

Request a Consultation

Follow us:

Follow us: