William Crotty was drawn to immigration law while working at a boutique executive search firm, prior to attending law school.
In that position, William partnered with a wide variety of clients, ranging from family-owned businesses to Fortune 10 companies. He saw immigration law from the other side of the table, working with employers and candidates to help facilitate work visas.
This experience taught him the impact immigration law can have on both businesses and individuals while also providing valuable insight into job functions and responsibilities across many different industries and fields.
William went on to attend the Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, where he graduated with a juris doctorate degree in 2022. He was a law clerk under the summer associates’ program at Garfinkel Immigration before joining the Firm as an associate attorney.
When not working, William enjoys golf, Wake Forest sports and travel. He is fluent in Spanish and has visited more than 30 countries across six continents, which has further developed his affinity for international work.
Honors and Awards
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Best Oralist, Stanley Moot Court Competition, Wake Forest School of Law, 2020
- What is Military Parole in Place (PIP)? Explaining the ‘parole’ program for certain family members of current and former U.S. armed forces personnel, Garfinkel Immigration Law Firm White Paper, May 2023
- North Carolina, 2022
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina (J.D. – 2022)
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina (Bachelor's Degree – 2016)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar